Currently, the Athletics Department is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Equipment Manager- Olympic Sports.
This position will report to the Olympic Sports Equipment MGR. This position will assist in managing the varsity athletic equipment room which consists of: athletic teams equipment storage (with exception of football, baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s volleyball), laundry facility with six washers and six dryers, letter awards ordering and storage area, and receiving area for daily UPS, Fed Ex and US mail deliveries. This position also supervises contingent employees.
• Implement the department inventory control ACS system for select teams. Keep and maintain accurate inventories and document any donations or “give away” promotional items for all sports except football.
• Place team orders with our department contracted vendor-Nike and utilize their GAMEDAY ordering system and keep coaches communicated with Nike ordering deadlines.
• Work closely with all sports coaches (except football) on ordering, inventory, laundry and practice and game schedules.
• Order non-Nike equipment and accessories for these other teams and track orders.
• Oversee and manage the department shipping and receiving area.
• Oversee the letter awards process as it related to select teams.
• Oversee the storage area of varsity equipment room and organize shelving for most effective use of space and inventory control.
• Ensure varsity equipment room and organize shelving for most effective use of space and inventory control.
• Ensure varsity equipment room compliance with all OSHA and department codes and policies.
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Equipment.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrates ability to prioritize own work and multitask.
Demonstrates ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
Effective written and oral communication.
Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgement in making decisions.
Demonstrates experience in working independently and as part of a team.
Relevant subject matter knowledge.
Knowledge of athletic equipment and its proper use.
The ability to work flexible and irregular hours and travel including weekends and Holidays.
Two years working in an athletic equipment room.
Experience with Nike (or equivalent company) with GAMEDAY or their online ordering system.
Experience with ACS (or equivalent) inventory control system.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
All Athletic Department positions share responsibility for promoting and maintaining the integrity and reputation of Stanford University and its intercollegiate athletics program. In fulfilling this responsibility of this position the person hired is required to comply with both the letter and spirit of all University policies and procedures, laws, and NCAA and Pacific-12 rules and regulations.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that includes employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, a credit check and/or driving record.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Stanford’s Department Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) supports the nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on the 36 intercollegiate athletic teams sponsored by the university. It also supports the campus physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics department is seen as the premier athletic program in the country, achieving... the highest levels of success both in the classroom and on the field. The core tenants of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way” are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead With Courage, and Work Cohesively. All department actions and employees are guided by these principles.
We are on a mission to become the best college athletics department in the country. Our sports teams speak for themselves in terms of athletic success (combined with the academic success of our student-athletes) and it is our goal to have the business side of our department to be equally top-notch.