Job Description: While the items listed below are a basic set of criteria for the Academy Director position, the Club expects that a successful candidate will help in articulating and refining the objectives of the position:
1. Develop an overall system of player development, curriculum and style of play for Development Academy which is consistent with the requirements of USSF
2. Responsible to manage all day to day functions to ensure that DA program is current with best practices and maintaining relationships with local DA, ECNL as well as national federation.
3. Assist with miscellaneous unspecified administrative duties to complement the day-to-day running of the DA.
4. Responsible for appointing all DA coaches and, where necessary, resolve any coach/player, coach/parent conflicts.
5. Serve as a substitute coach for DA teams in those rare instances when the coach has an unavoidable conflict and the game/practice cannot be rescheduled.
6. Responsible for organizing promoting and supervising all player evaluations team evaluations, talent ID placements, and selections in conjunction with other DA staff
7. Have direct and consistent (weekly) contact with Academy coaches via the provision of game day analysis feedback, coach development, training program design, and including at times the delivery of training sessions including assigned teams.
PO BOX 156 | DOWNINGTOWN, PA 19335 | www.continentalfc.org | email@example.com
8. Responsible for working with the Technical Director and Board and appropriate Club authorities in the following areas:
a. Creation of a Club library to include coaching and player training materials
b. Creation of seasonal plan templates which follows periodization appropriate for each cycle
c. Development of risk management and travel policies for teams
d. Definition and implementation of a Center of Excellence program for top players
e. Development and implementation of player and coaching retention programs
f. Refinement and implementation of Club Sportsmanship programs
g. Creation and implementation of Club college recruitment information program as well as overseeing the player’s college recruitment activities
h. Definition of nutrition, training, and psychological development programs
9. Maintain lines of communication with Technical Director, President, coaching staff, another technical staff and CFC Administrator. Provide written reports as directed.
10.Organize and plan annual college night games and workshop event.
11.Create yearly goals, yearly plan, weekly goals for each team in conjunction with DA coaches.
12.Organize, manage and run DA team camps and additional training events as directed by the Technical Director and President
13.Responsible to promote and publish information about DA within the club and on club sponsored social media to reflect a demonstrative commitment to the program.
14.Participate in all Club programs and camps
15.Return all emails and phone calls within a 24-48-hour period.
Application Deadline is March 12, 2017
A successful candidate will, at a minimum, have the following qualifications and attributes: ? At least five (5) years’ experience coaching in Club-based youth soccer programs ? Possess a USSF “A” or “B” license, prior experience with US Development Academy is preferred. ? Demonstrate the ability to communicate with young players of various levels and abilities ? Possess strong practical playing ability at the professional, semi-professional, or college level ? Possess strong interpersonal skills with solid written and oral communication skills ? Possess computer literacy, including the ability to work with standard word-processing (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) tools ? Possess proven ability to influence adults and articulate concepts to large audiences ? Demonstrate leadership qualities ? Experience in instructing coaching course to adults ? Possess integrity and follow morally and ethically sound standards ? Possess good organizational skills and administrative skills with good time management ? Have a dynamic personality with innovative ideas and strong motivational skills ? Possess a player development policy that is in line with the Club’s mission and objective ? Be responsible with a mature personality ? Committed to working nontraditional hours, nights and weekends ? Possess a valid driver’s license and insurance
Additional Salary Information: Negotiable
Deadline is March 12, 2017
Continental FC is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit soccer club located in southeastern Pennsylvania. The club is a part of the United States Boys Soccer Development Academy, a member of ECNL Boys and Girls and Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer / US Youth Soccer organizations. The home for the club is based in Downingtown and Conshohocken, Pennsylvania.