Develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive sports performance program for an NCAA Division I Athletics program. Oversee the teaching and counseling of student-athletes in physical strength and conditioning techniques, nutrition, and wellness.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee all aspects of the Sports Performance program, including supervision of full and part-time staff, and ensuring proper supervision of all student-athletes.
• Work with staff to design sport specific strength and conditioning programs for the athletic program.
• Head Sports Performance Coach for Football, including designing and implementing a year-round program, including evaluation and testing.
• Assist in the design and organization of the new sports performance center, including areas for:
• Communicate with varsity coaches on sports performance plan, assessing specific needs of each program and construct team schedules for sports performance training.
• Work with Sports Medicine staff to design and implement injury prevention and rehab.
• Instruct and motivate athletes to work hard and improve their performance on the fields of play, including knowledge on rest and recovery, and up-to-date techniques.
• Understand and ensure compliance of all NCAA, Conference and University policies regarding performance and the use of illegal and performance-enhancing drugs.
• Manage Sports Performance budget, including rationale for budgetary needs and professional development of staff.
• Strategically plan the advancement of the Sports Performance program.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Athletic Director