The University of Louisville Athletic Association is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Game Production and Fan Experience is a direct report to the Associate Athletic Director for Marketing. The candidate will be an integral part of the Louisville Athletics marketing team. Our mission: to be an integrated marketing communications team that provides the highest quality of service both internally and externally. We are determined to provide a unique experience for our fans while producing the highest level of service to our coaches and student athletes. The University of Louisville is a Division I member of the NCAA and proud member of the Atlantic Coast Conference. The main objective of this position is to heighten the game experience for fans with the end goal of “surprise and delight”. This person will be a visionary and show architect for the in-stadium/in-arena games and high profile special events. The “show” is an extension of the Louisville Cardinals brand positioning – fast forward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director for Marketing, responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: - Oversight and creative development of game production including:Gameday production of football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer relative to the in-house production of the video wall, LED ribbons and other visual elements as deemed a necessary element to the ROS.
- Serve as the producer of the in-house big screen show that includes creative leadership, production development, content development and inventory management. This requires an intricate understanding of the equipment on hand as well as how it works to produce a show.
- Lead innovator for the run of show, tying together and directing the key areas of the team; including Pep Band, Cheer, Dance, Mascot, Video and Fan engagement activities.
- Serve as a teammate to the Director of Team Marketing and Assistant Directors of Marketing as senior advisor for game productions for all sports. Assist the Marketing Managers in areas including creative concepting, game content development, sponsorship activation and best-in-class game day implementation.
- Deliver and support innovative platforms for the consumer -- fan-focused experiences and initiatives that will differentiate the Louisville Cardinals experience and drive traffic/volume for FB, MBB, WBB and Men’s/Women’s Soccer.
- Leadership and execution of all department high profile event productions; this includes The Louie’s, the 50-yard Line Dinner, Basketball/Football luncheon shows, fan outreach events and other high-production special events?Serve as main lead with outside vendors and production houses for these events
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree in sport administration, business, marketing, communications or a related field and six (6) years of experience in working in live sports/event production (collegiate or professional sports) or a related field with a proven experience in developing and leading best-in-class productions. Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirement - Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of run of show development, script writing, and sponsorship activation - Experience managing a production and game day staff including student volunteers, interns, and hourly workers - Expert in managing LED and video board content with knowledge of ANC Sports V-Soft, Daktronics Control Studio and/or all control room software and hardware needs - Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Including but not limited to Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Etc.) and video editing software. - Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) - General knowledge of motion graphics, various cameras and audio equipment along with video compression and uploading video to the internet with proven knowledge of file delivery systems - Embody a strong work ethic, have a desire to work in collegiate athletics, and have proven written and oral communication skills - Be able to work an extensive night and weekend work schedule - Have knowledge of NCAA and ACC performances, brands and rules and regulations Preferred Qualifications: - Leadership experience in intensive, fast-paced environments requiring top-flight production execution - Demonstrated understanding and execution of game production management, creative content development and innovative approaches in event production How to Apply: To be considered for this position, applicants must apply here: https://www.higheredjobs.com/institution/details.cfm?JobCode=176449498&Title=Athletics%20%2D%20Director%2C%20Game%20Production%20and%20Fan%20Experience%20%28Job%20Id%3A%2033749%29&aID=7137 Benefits Information: http://louisville.edu
About University of Louisville Athletic Association
The University of Louisville is a state supported research university located in Kentucky's largest metropolitan area. UofL is a NCAA Division I institution with an athletics program that competes at the Football Bowl Subdivision level as a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference. UofL sponsors 23 varsity sports programs, including 10 men's and 13 women's teams. For more about UofL, visit www.uoflnow.com or www.gocards.com.