GENERAL SUMMARY: The Graduate Assistant for Athletics Marketing at Eastern Michigan University will have vital responsibilities in the day-to-day duties of the Athletics Marketing Department. This position will report directly to the Athletics Marketing Coordinator, and have a primary responsibility in the execution of marketing efforts and promotions for Volleyball and Women's Basketball.
The Staff Graduate Assistant receives a stipend and tuition waiver subject to federal tax.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will be a dynamic member of the team and be asked to contribute to the brainstorming and execution of effective marketing plans and promotions for Football & Men's Basketball, playing a pivotal role in all of these home events on game days. The Graduate Assistant will also oversee the Eagles Kids Club, as well as a group of Marketing Interns.
• Ability to work up to 20 hours per week (10 for 50%) is required.
• GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
• Admission and enrollment in a graduate program is required.
• Maintenance of a 67% course completion is required.
• Enrollment in at least 6 credits for Fall and Winter semesters is required.
• Must meet the admissions requirements for EMU's Graduate School and must successfully complete a background check
• Must possess prior work experience in an Athletic Marketing Department.
• Must be willing to hold consistent office hours, and attend required home athletic events, including evenings and weekends
• Must demonstrate leadership, communication and have a "go-getter" attitude
• Must have a "team-first" mentality
This is a two-year assistantship with an estimated start date in August 2017. The successful candidate will receive a tuition waiver for 18 credit hours and a fall/winter stipend.
For full consideration for this position, all interested candidates must apply online at www.emich.edu/jobs for the Graduate Assistant - Athletics Marketing posting.
EMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator that is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications from women, persons of color, and applicants with disabilities, veterans, and members of other underrepresented groups.