Assistant Director, Equipment-Department of Athletics
Howard University Athletics
October 3, 2018
Full-time - Experienced
Operations, Operations - Equipment Manager
4 Year Degree
Responsible for the overall purchasing, inventory, and distribution of athletic equipment for all athletic programs.
Supervises Coordinator of Football Equipment, graduate assistant, and student managers.
Nature And Scope
Internal contacts include athletics administration and staff, coaches, student-athletes, External contacts include, representatives from colleges, universities, recruits and their parents, visitors and the general public.
• Oversees day-to-day operation of the equipment room to include supervision of one full time assistant, graduate assistant, and student managers.
• Collaborate with coaches and staff to proactively and effectively address the equipment needs of all intercollegiate athletic programs. Manage game day and practice facility set-up for court sports and field sports.
• Monitor and maintain an inventory management system for all equipment and apparel; long-term planning for equipment and apparel needs of all sports; as well as budgeting and procurement oversight.
• Ensure all athletic equipment which includes, but not limited to, uniforms, helmets, decals, banners and logos comply with conference and NCAA regulations along with University brand and licensing directives.
• Assist senior management team with policy creation, implementation and enforcement, contract negotiations and maintenance of the working relationship with department’s apparel and shoe provider.
• Develop, maintain, and enforce the procedures pertaining to the overall operation and safeguarding of assets of the athletics department equipment room(s).
• Supervise one or more staff and multiple student workers.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Written and oral communication skills • Ability to foster positive working relationships • Ability to multitask • Ability to problem solve • High level organizational skills • Efficient time management skills • Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems.
About Howard University Athletics
Howard University MissionHoward University is a comprehensive, research-oriented, historically Black private university providing an educational experience of exceptional quality to students of high academic potential with particular emphasis upon the provision of educational opportunities to promising Black students. Further, the University is dedicated to attracting and sustaining a cadre of faculty who are, through their teaching and research, committed to the development of distinguished and compassionate graduates and to the quest for solutions to human and social problems in the United States and throughout the world.