Please click on the link below to review the detailed job bulletin: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/smcacademic/jobs/2242307/ft-tenure-track-instructor-kinesiology-aquatics-coach?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Job Duties • Teaching aquatics courses including swimming, water polo, and water safety as well as fitness, weight training and additional Kinesiology-related courses to be determined based on the background of the candidate • Departmental tasks such as curriculum development and program review • Service on College committees, and professional development. • Planning and supervising team practices • Recruitment and retention of student-athletes • Coordination of a team conditioning program with the strength & conditioning coaches; ensuring program compliance with the CCCAA regulations • Game scheduling • Assisting with team eligibility processes • Budget management • Team travel • Recruitment and supervision of assistant coaching staff • Fundraising • Mentoring student-athletes and supporting their academic progress, retention, and matriculation.
Additional Information FT Faculty Application Requirements
A standard application consists of the following: • Online District Application • Cover Letter • Resume • Transcript • Two (2) Confidential Letters of Recommendation
* Additional, job-specific items may be required. Please refer to the job posting for specific details.
PLEASE NOTE: THE E-MAILS TO YOUR REFERENCE WRITERS REQUESTING CONFIDENTIAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE NOT GENERATED UNTIL THE APPLICATION IS COMPLETE. YOU MUST FINISH YOUR APPLICATION AND CLICK SUBMIT FOR THE E-MAILS TO GO OUT. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND AND ALLOW ENOUGH TIME FOR YOUR REFERENCE WRITERS TO RECEIVE THE REQUEST AND SUBMIT THE LETTERS PRIOR TO THE RECRUITMENT DEADLINE. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all application materials, including the letters of recommendation, are received prior to the recruitment deadline. Pay Philosophy Starting salaries for FT Faculty are based on a combination of experience and educational achievement. Initial placement is within the starting salary range. Further advancements are based on longevity and educational growth.
Master's Degree in one of the following:
• Physical Education
• Exercise Science
• Education (with an emphasis in Physical Education)
• Physiology of Exercise
• Adaptive Physical Education
A Bachelor's Degree in any of the above areas AND a Master's Degree in one of the following:
• Life Science
• Health Education
• Recreation Administration
• Physical Therapy
or the equivalent
Possession of an appropriate valid California Community College Credential authorizing service in the specified subject area(s).
• Experience teaching at 2-year or 4-year institutions in Kinesiology courses
• Demonstrated successful coaching and playing experience at the collegiate level
• Minimum of five years of successful collegiate swimming and water polo coaching experience
• Knowledge of the policies and regulations for the Southern California Football Association (SCFA) and the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA)