Status Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking candidates for a twelve-month, full-time, benefit-eligible position as an Assistant Football Coach with responsibilities as a position coach and as a football recruiter.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a liberal arts university with over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in Lincoln, Nebraska. The University’s steadfast commitment to putting learning into action through internships, study abroad, service learning and collaborative research has yielded tremendous outcomes for students and alumni.
Responsibilities Under the leadership of the Head Football Coach, the Assistant Coach will:
* Engage in all aspects of the recruiting process: evaluating prospective student-athletes, making school and home visits, meeting with prospective students who visit campus, participating in recruiting events on and off campus, and engaging in ongoing communication with prospective students. * Take responsibility for recruiting student-athletes within an identified territory of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s multi-state midwestern and western U.S. recruiting area. This will entail significant travel during the off season. * Collaborate with other Assistant Coaches to plan and lead team and position practice sessions. * Collaborate with strength and conditioning staff to maximize student-athletes’ physical potential. * Collaborate with athletic training staff to ensure student-athletes’ safety and support student-athletes’ physical wellbeing. * Identify individualized development plans for student-athletes in relevant position(s) and monitor student-athletes’ progress. * Collaborate with the Admissions Office to establish effective strategies for achieving Football recruiting goals and to monitor progress toward those goals. * Support student-athlete retention and the athletic, academic, and social development of student-athletes, including doing outreach when students need additional support. * Participate in summer camps and clinics. * Assist in fundraising activities and alumni outreach. * Assist in the ongoing development of a Football program that supports Nebraska Wesleyan University’s core values: Community, Diversity, Excellence, Liberal Arts, Personal Attention to Students, and Stewardship.
Commitment to Diversity Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials. Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply: To apply, please send cover letter addressing qualifications, diversity statement, resume, and the names of three professional references: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu
* Bachelor’s degree.
* At least two years of relevant coaching experience, preferably at the college level.
* Ability to apply relevant skills and experience to all aspects of student-athlete recruiting on and off campus.
* Interpersonal skills appropriate to working effectively with diverse groups on and off campus and to building long-term relationships with student-athletes, alumni, families, and other constituencies.
* Commitment to NCAA Division III philosophy and values.
* Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous long-term and short-term projects.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
About Nebraska Wesleyan University
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an independent Methodist liberal arts university of approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in Lincoln, Neb. The university’s steadfast commitment to putting learning into action through internships, study abroad, service learning and collaborative research has yielded tremendous outcomes for students and alumni.Founded in 1887, Nebraska Wesleyan has earned a national reputation for placing students in top graduate and professional school programs. And NWU is among the nation’s leaders in Fulbright scholars, Academic All-Americans and NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship winners.