Reporting to the Senior Associate Athletics Director, the Director of the Roadrunner Athletic Fund (RAF) is responsible for increasing overall participation in the RAF. Primary duties will include:
1. Oversight of the RAF annual fund giving program including: • Renewal/Solicitations • Increasing participation in the RAF • Stewardship • Benefit fulfillment • Events • Communications • Oversight of restricted giving funds • Increase Faculty/Staff & Young Alumni participation
2. Develop and coordinate all RAF fundraising strategic plans, including but not limited to developing data-driven strategies, writing appeal copy, analyzing and interpreting the program’s performance, and ensuring projects occur on time and remain within budget.
3. Manage renewal process for all football suites in the Alamodome.
4. Responsible for increasing RAF memberships by managing a portfolio of current and prospective donors.
5. Manage Roadrunner Athletic Fund members who volunteer to recruit new RAF constituents.
6. Management of two (2) fulltime RAF staff members. Provide oversight of student employees; provide training and coaching, ensure goals and performance expectations are met.
7. Liaison with university departments and external constituents on behalf of the RAF.
8. Other duties as assigned.
One year of professional fundraising experience OR two years professional experience in marketing, public relations, or sales of service.
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships within all organizational levels and with outside constituencies.
Demonstrated ability to make cold calls as well as to develop cultivation and solicitation strategies.
Highly effective organizational skills. Detail-oriented, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage more than one project simultaneously to meet deadlines.
Ability to work well with diverse groups of constituents/colleagues as a team member and as a leader in a complex organizational environment.
Ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends.
Valid Texas Driver’s license or the ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
About The University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a multicultural discovery enterprise institution with nearly 31,000 students. It is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For benefits information: http://www.utsa.edu/hr/Employee.html