- Serve as Head Football coach for students grades 8-12
- In conjunction with Athletic Director, hire a staff of assistant coaches
- Present the Football program to a wide range of constituencies to attract players to join HMA, including on-campus admissions events.
- Create and execute practice plans daily from 3:30-5:30pm
- Coach all contests, including travel across the state, some nights and frequent weekends in-season
- Evaluate players, strategies and staff to maximize program’s success.
- Articulate and execute a long-term vision to bring Hargrave Football back to prominence.
- Assist in Admissions efforts to support the school and the Football program
- Assist in Development efforts to support the school and the Football program
- Manage all equipment requests and laundry needs in conjunction with Athletic Director
- Maintain accurate and organized systems for inventory
- Represent and support Hargrave Military Academy on and off campus in a manner fitting with the mission of the school
- Promote positive sportsmanship from players both on and off the field
- Be a visible part of the school community and attend school functions, including some weekends
- Support the four pillars of Hargrave: Academics, Athletics & Fitness, Spiritual and Character Development
- Attend required trainings and in-service meetings periodically
- Provide Athletic Director with game recaps and statistics after each contest
- Communicate with parents in a timely and professional manner both in person and via email/phone
- Priority given to candidates who have the ability to be an in-classroom teacher
- Plan, market and execute an on-campus summer football camp
- Other tasks as assigned by the Athletic Director and President
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three (3) references on or before February 20th. On-campus interviews will take place March 11th-15th. For more information or to submit application materials, please contact Athletic Director Tom Messinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4 years experience as a football player, coach or administrator.
- Valid driver's licence
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience
Internal Number: 59
About Hargrave Military Academy
Hargrave Military Academy, located in Chatham, Virginia, is an all-male military boarding school focused on college preparation and character development. Founded in 1909, the Academy is noted for ongoing academic achievement in college placement, athletics, character development and leadership. Hargrave serves grades 7-12 and one postgraduate year. The Academy is affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School via AdvancED and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.